Friday, November 30, 2007

Yum, yum


Someone tried to eat Gilad. He came home from school with a big, skin-broken bite mark in the middle of his back. I'm not even sure how the other kid could have done it on the flat of his back, but it's definitely a little-kid-mouth imprint. We asked him who bit him and he tried to tell us, but of course we can't understand what he's saying.


Mowah 'isa (aka, Morah Lisa, his teacher) says she doesn't know what happened, but that Gilad is one of two children with similar bites in the middle of their backs, and that neither child cried or made a fuss at any time or complained to a teacher at all about someone hurting them.


Apparently they've created a game of eating each other?

I will not pretend to understand two year olds.


Of course, some months ago Gilad was pretending to eat imaginary food (using an empty box from some bourekas we'd cooked that night) and got a little carried away, grabbing Kayla's arm and chomping down for real. He didn't even realize he'd done it.


The best somewhat related story, though, was the child (well, it was Kayla; she was maybe 4 at the time) who came to me and said, "Mommy, I forgot I wasn't a sheet of paper and I colored on myself." At least it wasn't "I forgot I wasn't food."

No comments: