Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tuesday Thingers: Dead People's Books and Me

This week's question: Legacy libraries. With which legacy libraries do you share books? Tell us a little about a couple of them and what you share.
Well, it seems I share books (mostly classics like Shakespeare and Dostoevsky) with Ernest Hemingway (15!), Eeva-Liisa Manner, Karen Blixen (cool!), Walker Percy, ee cummings, John Muir, Theodore Dreiser, William Faulkner, Sylvia Plath, Carl Sandberg (he turns out to have liked P.G. Wodehouse), Rose Wilder Lane (Little House, duh), Alfred Deaken, Franz Kafka, and Marilyn Monroe (The Little Engine That Could?!?!?!!).

I wish this said something about me, but apparently all it seems to say is that I do like my Russian masters, and I do try to keep a fairly complete library of classics around for me and the kids.

No comments: