Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tuesday Thingers: Review your reviewing

Most of us book bloggers like to write book reviews- if we don't love to write book reviews- but here's today's question. When it comes to LT (and your blog), do you review every book you read? Do you just review Early Reviewers or ARCs? Do you review only if you like a book, or only if you feel like you have to? How soon after reading do you post your review? Do you post them other places- other social networking sites, Amazon, etc.?

I always review my ERs/ARCs (advance review copies), but as for other works, I'm pretty scattershot. On occasion I have reviewed works which I found amazingly refreshing or rewarding (such as Ann Patchett's Run), and non-fiction (especially reference) works I own which I find particularly valuable or flawed. As for the average work or mass market paperback, though, I rarely take the time to write and post a review.

When I do write a review, I normally post it here as well as on LT.

No comments: