Saturday, April 24, 2010

This coming week

I won't be around much; I tentatively still have jury duty Tuesday, then have Sheep and Wool classes scheduled all of Wednesday and Thursday! Whoo, hoo!

So what's going on? The little kids are still nuts. However, Gilad is the one giving us fits. He cut his own hair at school this week (not too noticeably, fortunately), but more of a problem is that the teacher called a second time to report that he has been getting so physical with the other kids he's hurting others and is becoming the real class troublemaker. How did my little boy get to this point? They've recommended an OT eval for one thing, which I'm trying to set up, but irritatingly it looks like because he's in the Spring before he's eligible to enter kindergarden, the public schools in our county don't want to deal with him. He's too old to enter "Child Find" and too young for kindergarden so he's in that black hole even for evaluation, and definitely for all services other than speech, which is the only itinerant service they'll provide for non-public school students here. Still, I've started the paperwork process and trail.
Why haven't I been posting much spinning and knitting? Because I was spinning the killer yarn of lacy overabundance. Nine ounces wound up spinning up to 2000 yards of 2 ply lace yarn! Modeled here by Kayla so you can get an idea of just how much of this stuff there is:
I also finished an April hat for the Larkin project for homeless teens
But my real excitement has been my research on German torah wimpeln from baby bris swaddling clothes. I did my talk and now I'm hoping to submit an article for publication! Now I just have to get my act together and get my submission in.

No comments: