Using hand spun for a skirt comes with its own issues. For one thing, I have to determine which yarns are appropriate for weaving in elasticity, luster, and hand. Then I have to combine them appropriately. I need to measure them properly, which was a bit of an issue, because while I properly calculated my warp, I assumed my weft would be picked at about the same sett, and that was an incorrect assumption. I calculated my weft yarn needs assuming 12 ppi, and ended up liking the fabric I got at 20 ppi. This meant I had nice fabric, but ran out of weft with over a yard of warp left to go. I think I got just enough of that one fabric for my skirt. Then I used a variety of other wefts. I dyed a CVM lace weight yarn I had spun a while back, into a purple to match the purple wool/silk I used as one of the two wefts in the main fabric piece. I used the rest of the one warp yarn I of which I had leftovers. Finally, I pulled out a heavier singles I had spun YEARS ago, and it worked perfectly to make a heavier but lovely fabric.
But the real weaving excitement is this little bookmark. That's because I didn't weave it. Miss Addie did on her new little lap loom.