Wednesday, July 10, 2013

There's a flea on a frog on a bump on a log in the hole in the bottom of the sea

I always hear Grover the muppet singing when I remember that song.  But anyway...

Yesterday's cheese pressing set-up wasn't sufficiently precarious, so this morning we have:
(if you're wondering, it's a 9x13" pan, with a toaster oven pan over that, a layer of plastic wrap to keep the aluminum from affecting anything, the cheese mold, the cheese and follower in the cheese mold, an upside down stainless steel Farberware bowl serving as an additional follower and a plastic molded bowl flipped upright on top of that, a 4 gallon pot filled with water, the pot top on upside down supporting a layer of newspaper and a 20 lb rock.  I'm grateful I have the rock from the next door neighbors' recent double digging of a garden bed, or I don't know what I'd be doing for that extra 20 lbs of weight.
So next spring perhaps instead of the one annual biggish fiber arts related treat I usually get myself with saved-up money, perhaps my MDSW splurge should be real cheese press, if any of the vendors do actually carry them.


No comments: