Monday, January 6, 2014

Exceeding my limitations


Pretty isn't it?  I'm quite happy with it.  It's singles, wool, and dyed in avocado.

The problem is that I don't remember what wool (probably Dorset or Shetland); I don't remember at all how I prepared or spun it; I don't remember if it was dyed in avocado hulls or pits (they give slightly different colors); and I lost the rest of the fiber (probably at least 3 times more than this).

So I do have 257 yards of nice lace weight singles in a pretty color to use as an accent at some time; it would be nice knit or used as weaving weft.  The color is very stable and pleasing.  But I have completely lost my mind.

I've never been this inattentive before.  I guess at some point I'll find the rest of the wool.  I won't be able to reproduce the exact yarn because as I said I have no idea how it was made even though it was done in the last 6 months.  I vaguely remember spinning it at some point.  I should have enough of the wool unspun to spin a useful amount of yarn just not identical to this skein.  I'm happy to have this.  I'm just so beyond frustrated with my depression and anxiety.

I want my brain back.

No comments: