Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Blood, sweat and tears

That's what I'm calling my latest yarn off the wheel, at least in my head, though in the Rav database I listed it as Autumn Harvest. It was spun before my shoulder surgery but this is the first day I felt up to attempting to skein it off the bobbin.

It's a beautiful Autumn Harvest gradient from Fiber Optic Yarn I bought at MDSW last year, 80% merino and 20% silk.  I worried while I spun it that I was doing a terrible job but when I skeined it now it was gorgeous and even. It's almost 1000 yards, 4 oz.

The only problem is that last summer I stopped wearing these autumn colors of oranges, browns and reds, and switched my entire wardrobe to jewel tones! But I'm sure I'll still find something to knit or weave this into.

Now I feel like I've run a 10K and I'm completely worn out. At one point I realized I was counting backwards while skeining. I've never been that spacey. I'm going to spend the rest of the day with my ice pack on one part of me and my heating pad on the other looking at pattern possibilities for when I am able to knit again.

No comments: