Monday, December 10, 2007

To feed or not to feed

I've been talking to the doctors about trying Sachy on Vital Jr formula as a trial....and I keep thinking maybe we should just let him try a whole bunch of new foods. I just don't know. He's had good scopes for years now and no reactions for at least a year or two. I don't want to hold him back from eating for no reason; maybe his gut could tolerate a lot more now than a few years ago.

OTOH, I don't want to make him sick. I really especially don't want to hold out the hope to him that he would be able to eat a lot of things and then disappoint him and make him come back to formula only. Right now he's so accepting of it, I wouldn't want to mess that up.

The doctors' opinion seems to be, "Do whatever seems right. We don't know what to do."

I hate having to be the grown-up. Someone else make some decisions for a while.

No comments: