Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Finished (another hat of sorts)

This involved spinning the yarn, learning a lot, and knitting in fingering weight rather than worsted or bulky yarns for a change though!
The pattern is North Star Tam from Arctic Lace by Donna Druchunas:


It took a little more than 3 ounces, spun semi-worsted, 2 ply, 14 wpi, 5.5 tpi.  There's another almost 4 ounces I spun, but the second batch I spun woolen, very softly, and it's so prone to drifting apart that it's impossible to ply, so it's destined to stay a singles yarn (very similar to Schoolhouse Press's Unspun Icelandic Lace Weight yarn).  I have around 650 yards of it I think, so I hope to use it to make a feather-and-fan Faroese-shaped shawl once I finally get the other 2 shawls I have on the needles finished.

1 comment:

DESJ and Company said...

Such a lovely snood, Elise!
-Sara from SFM