Tuesday, January 6, 2009

5 bottles, no eating

At meal times, Addie wants a bowl and a fork to be like everyone else.  The way she is not like everyone else, though, is that she won't actually eat.  Well, I tell a lie; today she ate one Froot Loop and perhaps 5 peas (plus the one she got half up her nose).  She did drink about 36 ounces of toddler formula.  We absolutely have to get her off the bottle, I think.
For your amusement, meanwhile, here is a photo of Gilad not-quite-touching-Mommy's spindles

And what was on the spindles (110 yards of 2 ply laceweight yarn all spindle spun for a change; the fiber is wool scraps from someone else's scrap box I carded on her drum carder).

And I am 2 rolags away from finishing spinning the singles of the 8 ounces of Corriedale I washed and carded myself.  Then on to plying (a 3 ply medium weight yarn is what I'm aiming for) and possibly dyeing if the plying doesn't even out the color differences.  Oh, and I finished knitting my Charms homework for the month for the Harry Potter-themed group, but I'll try to get a decent photo tomorrow when it's dry and off the blocking board.

No comments: