Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sunday, Sunday

Well we've passed the 4th of July
and we're on to KAYLA's 14th BIRTHDAY!
Hippo Birdy Two Ewes as we say around here today.
Meanwhile I'm knitting mittens (I'm about 1/2 done with the first, though this pic was about 25 rows ago)
and finally dyeing about a half lb of yarn and a half lb of Dorset wool in my long-fermented lichen dye. Right now it's kind of brown-pink; I'm hoping to get it brighter; I may dump in some more vinegar on the theory that it can't hurt and might help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's such a cute hat with the pinwheels and colorfullness... hehehe... :-)

blech... the thought of mittens in this heat is opressive!

Have a great rest of the holiday weekend :-D

Susan said...

I had to have that mitten pattern too. It's so beautiful I told her it belongs on a wall framed. She's a good designer. Makes me want to start mine!
Seven