Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Most Magical Place

Were you wondering why I wasn't posting more knitting and weaving?  I have an excuse.  My parents 

decided to fly

all of their grandchildren and children to DisneyWorld!

for Thanksgiving week!  Most of the family did all four parks (Magical Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Epcot) though the little kids and I skipped Hollywood Studios and spent two days in the Magic Kingdom.  Addie and Kayla got to have breakfast with princesses, we saw the Mickey & Minnie "Dreams Can Come True" show several times, and we spent time with family.  It was perfect.
pattern by Yarn Barn of KS

On return, I did finish my two linen huck lace towels (10/2 half-bleached linen, in a kit from Yarn Barn of Kansas, in 8 harness huck)
and wove a deflected doubleweave scarf in 10/2 tencel and 5/2 rayon on 8 harnesses (both front and back of the scarf are shown; they show two completely different patterns thanks to the deflection and structure):
pattern from Weaver's Summer 1999
And I've received two beautiful spindles from a contact in Serbia.  I've tested them out and while there are those who claim that there is no supported spindling in this part of the world, these don't spin well as suspended spindles but do well supported.  I suppose once a cop builds up on the bottom, they may spin well as drop spindles, but I haven't had the chance to test that yet.




No comments: