Saturday, December 17, 2011

Poof! Invisible fiber crafter!

I know, I disappeared for a while.  A couple of days after the medication fiasco, a family member was hospitalized (not going to go into detail to protect said family member's privacy) at a facility in the next state (best in the area for what was needed, and not over-full, but not easy to get to from here).  That pretty much consumed my life for a couple of weeks.  Family member is now home and doing very well, support being put into place moving forward.

Fortunately, I've been able to get a little knitting done for The Yarn Spot, a hat in some superwash wool 

and now I'm working on a spring scarf in a really unusual design; it's one of those in which once I'm finally done with the beginning, half the total work or more will be done, but doing that beginning step takes a lot of concentration and tons of time.

I got another scarf woven, too.  This one is in purple rayon 5/2 thread and some hand spun wool/silk (from Crosspatch Creations); I just alternated 2 threads of each in the warp and used the rayon for the weft.  My original plan had been to use some other solid purple hand spun in the weft, but that turned out to be too heavy to balance well.  The finished scarf is about 12"x65", not including the fringe.

I don't have a lot else to report.  My brain is still a bit frozen, a left-over from the whole hospitalization thing, as well as the 15 different appointments we had last week (mostly doctors, a few school things, etc).  I wish I had something philosophical and meaningful to add, but right now, what you see is what you get.

No comments: